Here we go…the “bottom line…”
- Buy a scale that shows not just pounds but ounces as well…as in 125.2 or 125.6. Mine cost about $35.00…Amazon, of course.
- This process is a very slow BUT steady one…and you will be thrilled when your weight shifts from .8 to .4…trust me on this…thrilled.
- In the seven and a half months that I have been doing this, my weight has only increased a couple of times and that was only an ounce or two…not pounds. 99.9% of the time my weight has either decreased or stayed the same.
- There have been days when I would weigh myself and it would be the same as it had been for the last 7 or 8 days…and then BOOM…down it would go…and stay there…until it went down again.
- Don’t think for one second that this is not working. If your weight stays the same…just wait…don’t get nutso and eat a whole blueberry pie heated in the microwave and topped with vanilla bean ice cream out of frustration. (I think I’m hungry…)
- Weigh yourself everyday at the same time. I recommend in the morning right after you get up…go to the bathroom first.
- And…then record your weight. Do this every day. You can also write down anything different or unusual…anything that might help you to understand what you are eating and what you are doing and why you have lost 6 more ounces.
- I always do a little “happy dance” when the scale goes down…every single time.
- This will take a long time. BUT every pound/ounce you lose will be gone forever.
- THIS WILL WORK!!!
- After I had lost 4 pounds, I took a four pound bag of sugar and put it on the counter. Then I picked it up a few times. It was heavy! That was the weight I was no longer carrying. I did the same thing when I had lost 8 pounds…do you know how heavy two 4 pound bags of sugar are? HEAVY!!!
- I didn’t do 3 bags of sugar (or 12 pounds). That was too much for me to pick up. Exactly.
- Remember…it took you a long time to gain those unwanted pounds…it will take a long time to lose them…especially if you are an “oldie” like me.
- BE PATIENT!!! Don’t give up…it will take your body a few days to adjust to your new changes…but it will adjust and you will start to lose weight.
The little more …
Last fall when I weighed 147.8 pounds, I knew I would reach 150 pounds during the winter if I didn’t do something.
I read weight-loss articles, did research on the different programs, ate some horrible diet food, seriously wondered about those diet pills and other junk out there that promised “QUICK WEIGHT LOSS” and knew I would have to figure out something on my own.
So what you have just read is what I came up with…and obviously, I am not done…I still have a way to go. I should weight 125 pounds by November 1…this year. I will let you know.
BUT…I feel that this is really a good plan for women over 60…but, of course, for anyone as well.
Most of us have worked really hard all of our lives and we shouldn’t have to go through this whole “weight gain/belly fat” bullshit.
We shouldn’t have to deny ourselves good food…or hot dogs…
(When I say “good” I don’t mean “healthy”…I mean…a cheeseburger with fried onions from Five Guys…and a small order of fries, please…to go…
We shouldn’t have to pay money to have other people tell us what to do at some club or weight-loss clinic…and maybe make us feel bad.
We shouldn’t have to start “running” or do “resistance training” or do “hot Yoga” (what is that anyway?) at age 60 or older…unless of course you’re partial to doing so…
In Minnesota, we have about 3 days when the weather is perfect for walking outside…so I have to gear up in the winter. I know I look like some 14th century Swedish field worker when I walk outside and the temperature is only 10 degrees…but hey…it’s who I am. Plus…everyone smiles at me. I know…I know.
When the weather is really awful…too hot, too cold, too icy, too rainy, too sleety…I just slap on my headphones and walk the hallways of my apartment building…up and down…up and down. This is really relaxing until people try to stop you to chat. Then I smile and point to my headphones and mouth, “I’m on the phone…” and just keep going…works every time.
If you live in Minnesota and own a home with no hallways…I recommend buying a treadmill. I had one when we owned a home and you can accomplish the same results as I do by walking the halls. There are some really inexpensive ones out there…I know…I bought one for my daughter who was into “training for something” when she was fifteen.
We shouldn’t have to be punished because we ate a few too many cheese burgers or doughnuts a few years ago. there should be a friendlier, more gentle way to lose those extra pounds and I believe my way will do the trick for most women…well, for everyone, really.
I have always loved food. I love to cook and I love to eat. I know that I wasn’t going to spend the rest of my life (such as it is) passing on delicacies such as chocolate cake with fudge frosting or…say…lutefisk, swimming in butter…I did mention I was of Swedish ancestry, didn’t I?
I hope you give my way of losing a few pounds a shot. I truly believe it will work. It did for me and I am nothing special…trust me.
Thanks for reading. Now go have half of a chocolate chip cookie…and begin.
And, good luck!!