- I am 5’3″ tall and as previously stated…I am 75.
- I have never been overweight until now.
- I have mostly weighed around 110-115 pounds…less in my teens and early twenties.
- I have never dieted.
- I have one child.
- I am Caucasian and of Swedish descent.
- I am in good health for being 75…whatever that means…
- I am not Type 2 diabetic. (Although it appears that most of the world is…)
- WEIGHT LAST OCT. 2018: 147.8 (And yes…I had a big belly…sigh…)
- CURRENT WEIGHT: 134.2 as of June 7, 2019
- NOTE: LOSS OF 13.6 POUNDS…YAY, ME!!!! ALSO THERE IS BELLY SHRINKAGE.
- GOAL: To weigh 125 pounds by November 1, 2019
- PROCESS: Lose 1/2 pound per week or 2 pounds per month. (Did not seem like a big deal, right? HAH!!! I was so wrong.)
In the very beginning, I couldn’t lose any weight at all…WE ARE TALKING ZERO POUNDS.
I even skipped meals. Not a good idea…ever…okay…once in while we all do it.
I spent over a month trying to figure out what I was doing wrong because it was painfully obvious I was doing absolutely nothing right…when I gained 2 pounds!
And, of course, having a metabolism of dry paint (which is what you have when you reach age 75) doesn’t help.
Plus…when I was skipping breakfast and lunch in a wild attempt to lose SOMETHING…ANYTHING…my body thought I was stranded on a desert (not dessert) island and in danger of starving to death…so it decided to store my fat. Thanks a lot, body.
I tried counting calories. I used the “Lose It” app. It was fine and good but I really did have better things to do with my dwindling years.
Plus…everyone knows 10 barbecued chicken wings have more calories than one stalk of celery…UNLESS you dip the celery in lard.
I clearly had no idea what I was doing…but I wasn’t giving up. There had to be a way…and there was…BUT it wasn’t easy.
It was just plain simple.
P.S. I’ve looked at other weight-loss blogs and they have very pretty pictures and really great recipes. I apologize in advance (in case you hadn’t already noticed)…there are no pics and no recipes. (But I did put this notice in green…so there’s that.)
BULLETIN: Weight today #133.6..”Woo-hoo”!!!
- The metabolic rate is much slower when you pass 55 or 60…even slower in your 70’s.
- After menopause, God is basically done with you and you will gain 5 pounds just by looking at a chocolate cake with buttercream frosting. No. Don’t argue with me. It’s true.
- If you smoke (like I did) the pounds will appear after you quit, but it’s still worth quitting.
- Retirement means less structured work. You have more time now for socializing…more opportunities for eating out…perhaps even having extra glasses of wine…or chocolate malts.
- Living the good, retired life; sleeping late and lovely naps in the afternoon…all can equal weight gain…but so slowly…you hardy notice…until you do!
- If you should move from a house to an apartment…there is generally less work to do. And that means less routine burning of calories just by maintaining a certain “house-owning” lifestyle…like gardening, mowing, snow, leaf and twig removal…you know the drill if you have ever owned a house.
- Question: Do you really want to pay money to stop eating the foods you love and eat special food that tastes like crap? Really?
- Question: Do you really want to help the U.S.
$68.2 (update)…$70.3 (NEW update…) $72 BILLION weight-loss market increase their net worth? Really?
- Question: Do you really want to take some probably unsafe/useless, non-FDA approved drug so you can lose 50 pounds in one week? (I’m exaggerating a little here..) Really?
- Do you really want to exercise a LOT and even sweat? Do you really want to lift weights…and…you know…sweat? Do you really want to pull on those resistance bands until one day you accidentally let go of one end and it snaps your eye out? Really?
- Do you want to pay good money (is there bad money??) to a fitness center to have some weight-loss/fitness expert who is probably 12…just kidding…give you a look…when you tell her you gained a pound or eaten half of a doughnut that morning? Really?
Yup…I totally agree and am impressed with everything I just said…SO, HERE IS WHAT I DID.
To find out, send $25.00 in unmarked bills to...
HAH!!!! GOTCHA!!! I’m just kidding….
The Eating Part…Post #4 of “I just ate less…” comes tomorrow!!!!!